Our curriculum theme for the Summer Term, based on the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games, is around fitness, exercise and health.
We’ve already seen many of our supporters and staff members setting physical challenges both indoors and out and even more than that, committing to the weeks of pre-event training – all in support of our boys, girls and young people at Sunfield.
On the 24th April, Charlotte Troman, one of our Learning Support Workers, completed the 26.2 miles of the London Marathon. Charlotte crossed the finish line in 5:31hrs with a fundraising total of over £300 for Sunfield.
Charlotte’s successful challenge launches a term full of energetic activities including;
- Ben Tolley, a Sunfield family friend, is set to run the Tewkesbury Half Marathon, 15 May
- Maxine Bradshaw & Emily Mantle, staff members walk 110 miles from Swansea in Wales to Clent, 23-26 May
- Phil Fellows, local business supporter, is set to finish his 1 million rowing miles challenge over 250 days, 18 June
- A team of 12 community supporters saddle up for The Aberdovey Bike Ride, from Wolverhampton – Aberdovey, 22- 24 June
- Team Sunfield; community supporters, students, families and staff alike, aim to take on the 5k fun run or 10k race in The Black Country Run, 3 July
- Our IT department staff; Paul, John and Tom climb The Yorkshire 3 Peaks, 30 July
Caroline Bell, Sunfield Principal, said; “It is inspiring to reflect on just how many people are each doing their bit to raise much-needed funds to give the children new opportunities and resources.”
If you’d like to get involved in any of the above ‘fun and fitness-filled’ activities please contact Georgina Forrest, Partnership Development Manager on 01562 882253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org